• A friendly and periodic reminder of the rules we use for fostering high SNR and quality conversation and interaction at Stormtrack: Forum rules

P.S. - Nothing specific happened to prompt this message! No one is in trouble, there are no flame wars in effect, nor any inappropriate conversation ongoing. This is being posted sitewide as a casual refresher.

KATRINA VICTIMS CHARITY DVD

Shane Adams

This idea was a hit last year and produced thousands of dollars towards the tsunami relief effort a year ago. A sequel was briefly mulled over earlier this year but never got off the ground. I think we have a pretty damn good reason to re-think this idea. I don't know about video production, but I'm guessing there will be a long line of chasers (including me) who would be willing to donate 2005 video for the project.

If anyone's interested and makes this happen, I'm in.

I'd definitely be interested in helping out with this...

I have shot >20hrs of video from late April thru late June this year. Therefore, I have a wide variety of different material I could donate to this production. BTW If nobody wants to do the actual production itself, I'm all in for doing it.

Any others?

Awesome Idea!!! I don't have footage, but I'd buy one of those tapes!

Well, as far as I know, there is about 4 other chasers willing to donate... This includes myself, Amos, Darin and GarryW.

I'm all in for doing the actual production.

I may have a producer, waiting on a reply. I'll keep you guys posted.

If you would like to lend a hand, I would suggest writing up a paragraph with what you can provide. This will make things easier for the organizers. With that, I've stickied it.

Aaron

I can give a few minutes of some video I have, since that's all I really have. It'll be up on the internet, I hope, in a few days. Anyhow any way I can help...

I'll have to talk with Jim LaDue about this again! Last week, we thought the idea was pretty much dead due to lack of real motivation, but Katrina certainly changes that landscape again.

We had rounded up about 75% of the participants to produce a "Storms of 2005" DVD, but were still awaiting some help with some of the chapters to proceed - including Shane and Mickey for a Apr 21 chapter. You guys in? We were also missing a producer/volunteer to take on the Jun 7 chapter. We already had volunteers for the other major chapters (Mar 21, Apr 10, May 12, June 4, June 5, June 9, June 11, June 12), but not sure at the moment of these folks are still "in".

Please PM me if you are interested in helping co-produce the project. Once we get a sizeable number of folks to help produce, then we will send out a call for video submissions.

BTW - Walt Lyons, the AMS President, is behind this project and is willing to showcase the DVD during on of the major "electronic theatre" segments at the 2006 AMS Annual Meeting.

greg

I haven't talked about this to my chase partner Doren Berge, but I'd bet the farm that he'd be willing to donate some of our stuff. Please keep my name on hand and lemme know if and when Doren and I can help.
From other S.T. threads, I understand that Simon and some of his crew of the Stormgasm team have gotten some incredible stuff from down there. Those fellas always have wild video action, and I always buy their dvds when they come out. You might want to contact him / them about your plans as well.
My bud Warren Faidley has been down there since before Katrina made landfall...and he's still down there. He's still down ther according to a two-day old email e last sent me. Said quote "insane damage". He'd also be one to contact on this project too.
Best of luck with this. Great idea, gentlemen. Joel Ewing

Originally posted by Greg Stumpf
I'll have to talk with Jim LaDue about this again! Last week, we thought the idea was pretty much dead due to lack of real motivation, but Katrina certainly changes that landscape again.

We had rounded up about 75% of the participants to produce a \"Storms of 2005\" DVD, but were still awaiting some help with some of the chapters to proceed - including Shane and Mickey for a Apr 21 chapter. You guys in? We were also missing a producer/volunteer to take on the Jun 7 chapter. We already had volunteers for the other major chapters (Mar 21, Apr 10, May 12, June 4, June 5, June 9, June 11, June 12), but not sure at the moment of these folks are still \"in\".

Please PM me if you are interested in helping co-produce the project. Once we get a sizeable number of folks to help produce, then we will send out a call for video submissions.

BTW - Walt Lyons, the AMS President, is behind this project and is willing to showcase the DVD during on of the major \"electronic theatre\" segments at the 2006 AMS Annual Meeting.

greg

A bit confused now...

Who will be producing this project?

Originally posted by nickgrillo+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nickgrillo)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Greg Stumpf

We had rounded up about 75% of the participants to produce a \"Storms of 2005\" DVD, but were still awaiting some help with some of the chapters to proceed - including Shane and Mickey for a Apr 21 chapter. You guys in? We were also missing a producer/volunteer to take on the Jun 7 chapter. We already had volunteers for the other major chapters (Mar 21, Apr 10, May 12, June 4, June 5, June 9, June 11, June 12), but not sure at the moment of these folks are still \"in\".

BTW - Walt Lyons, the AMS President, is behind this project and is willing to showcase the DVD during on of the major \"electronic theatre\" segments at the 2006 AMS Annual Meeting.

greg

A bit confused now...

Who will be producing this project?[/b]

I don't think anyone is at the moment. lol. I think Greg was just suggesting to us to, perhaps, consider his and Mr. LaDue's project also. At least that is what I understand. I have offered to help them also, whether or not Shane's idea for the "Storms of 2005" video project works out, which I will do everything in my power to see to it that it does, because I would love to produce it.

I think it is a wonderful idea and sounds like a wonderful project to work on. Both project s, while marketed differently, could raise some extra funds for the hard hit areas and people.

Mick

I'd be happy to assist Mick with the April 21 segment production in any way I can, so count me in as well. I know at least a few other chasers have video from that event. Any other chasers who have April 21 SE Kansas tornado video who wish to submit, please PM me.

Jim LaDue and I have been toying with the idea of a Storms of 2005 DVD for a few months now, as a follow-on to the successful Storms of 2004 DVD that raised over $4K for charity. We were sort of waffling on the idea, considering that the 2004 project nearly burned us out. However, considering the recent weather events, some have suggested that we move forward with the 2005 DVD idea (and possibly include some Katrina footage as well). Given what has happened down there, we're now re-motivated to press on with the project.

I'm sure there will be other charity DVDs produced, especially by local and national media, so we don't expect to have a market "cornered". Our DVD is going to highlight all the big tornado events as well.

BTW, even though our 2004 DVD higlighted Great Plains tornado events only, the money was used to help out in hurricane-ravaged Florida as well as for tsunami relief, as well as the local Oklahoma Red Cross chapter. This time, we expect a lot of the funds to be funnelled to Katrina help.

I'll send more information about our project out in the coming days. In the meantime, if you have decent video production skills and are interested in co-producing the DVD, please email me offline.

greg

Great idea guys, unfortunately I don’t have any video to contribute (been one of those years). Anyway all I can offer is some free posting on my site. I have space and bandwidth, so just let me know if I can help. Good luck

I could contribute some of the Hill City footage if need be. Problem is since the video exposure was so screwy that I have to fix it it can only be edited one time. I'd have to make that segment or something because if one re-edits my corrected files it gets lines through it. I guess someone else could just correct that as they put it together, but I can say from having done it "once" it isn't fun. Given a segment time limit I'd be happy to edit it myself....IF it was even wanted for the video. That is about the only worthwhile thing from 05 I have.

I have a little video of a tornado in Kearney NE back in May that I would be happy to contribute. It may not be good enough for a DVD though. Other than that I have little for 2005. Ive got some incredible video of the pre Hallam tornado that you are welcome to though. Let me know.

Dennis

Hurricane Katrina Home Video

I know some will flame me for posting this on storm track (while others will just flame me no matter what for still being alive after Katrina...)

I have had a lot of people ask me if I was going to do a highlights video for Katrina because I have yet again managed to get about 11 hours of footage of the last days of New Orleans and I will be releasing a home video in a couple weeks that is going to be called:

"Hurricane Katrina - New Orleans - Before, During & After"

It will only be $15.00 plus shipping of $4.50

Half the profits of this project will be given to the Red Cross.

I have finished my Hurricane Katrina Blog and you can look at all the video samples on line.

http://www.stormchaservideo.com/Hurricane_...trina/index.htm

Re: Hurricane Katrina Home Video

I know some will flame me for posting this on storm track (while others will just flame me no matter what for still being alive after Katrina...)

Nope. Some things in life are bigger than you and I, Doug. I'm happy to see you're doating 50% profits to the Red Cross. Times like these, we all need to stick together.

BTW, even though our 2004 DVD higlighted Great Plains tornado events only, the money was used to help out in hurricane-ravaged Florida as well as for tsunami relief, as well as the local Oklahoma Red Cross chapter. This time, we expect a lot of the funds to be funnelled to Katrina help.
greg

This time I expect a health chapter on Katrina herself. Footage of such will be welcome. I believe we can turn this one out more quickly since we had to learn a lot in the way of video production with the Storms of 2004. Greg and I appreciate all your offers of help.

Jim

Thread is continued here:
<a href=\'http://www.stormtrack.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8240\' target=\'_blank\'>http://www.stormtrack.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8240</a>

Back