Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Actual pictures of the Greensburg tornado?

Stormtrack supporter Warren Faidley's Avatar

Default Actual pictures of the Greensburg tornado?

My office has been getting a lot of calls from media and charity groups looking for pictures of the Greensburg tornado. I have noticed a lot of fake Greensburg images and videos being posted on the Internet. If anyone has actual still images, or video frame grabs, I will be happy to forward the requests your way.

You can emial me offline at storm@weatherstock.com

Warren

Dan Robinson has a bunch:

http://www.stormhighway.com/may42007.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Faidley View Post
    I have noticed a lot of fake Greensburg images and videos being posted on the Internet.
    Was it your tornado photos in broad daylight being passed off as Greensburg or satellite grabs of Katrina? Either way, I expect them to be making the email rounds soon. I can't wait.

I know several chasers have at least video grabs.
    Bill Ozanne
    Twitter

Stormtrack supporter Warren Faidley's Avatar

No, I have not seen anyone pirate mine, or any other chasers I know. I have everything clearly captioned from OK on the 4th. It seems people are pulling really old stuff and passing it off as "Greensburg."
    Last edited by Warren Faidley; 05-08-2007 at 03:22 PM.

Hey Warren, did you check out youtube? , thereis a video clip on there of the tornado, but I'm not sure if you may have already watched it or not , there is a link on the 1st page in the thread I started

I've been looking round for other images/video, but haven't been able to find much, but I'll keep looking anyways

I hope that this helps in some way or another

Willie

Stormtrack supporter

Warren, I have seen a number of Greensburg tornado images. In addition to Dan Dobinson, the Twistersisters, VanDewald, and Bob Fritchie have images. As far as I can tell, all are video stills. I haven't seen any digital or regular film images.

Bill hark
    William T. Hark Photography
    http://www.harkphoto.com
    KV0RTX

I will have video grabs available when I can get all of my footage off of Digital8 mm. Still having issues there- if anyone around the Austin area has Digi8 capability, please PM me. Thanks!

Have also noticed multiple media outlets reporting Reed Timmer's Ellis County OK tornado video as being the Greensburg tornado "early on". I have had to clear this misconception up with several of my friends, including some who are relatively weather savvy. As usual, once these misconceptions start, they are difficult to reverse.

When I did the Fox interview in Austin yesterday afternoon, I showed the news director video from both tornadoes, and several times emphasized that they were NOT the same tornado. Later that night, on their 9 o'clock broadcast, a different anchorperson made the same mistake again.

TonyC

It's down to the researchers at the TV Network, to get it right, as they are responsible for the details that are given in a news report, but also, it's kinda down to a slight case of laziness by the newscaster(s) to make sure they get it right, they seemedly just wanna read the news, get paid and go home again

Willie

I have a few stills if you would like to use them:

http://www.supercellcrazy.com/SupercellCrazy/May4.html

I assure you these are true stills of the Greensburg, KS EF-5

Craig Maire also has some great vidcaps (as well as vid). He doesn't seem to have them posted on his website yet (except for one),

http://www.easterniowastormchaser.com/

but he'll probably get them posted soon. I assume he'll chime in here before too long with his own reply...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast