EDUCATIONAL MATERIAL FOR CHASERS
by Tim Marshall
Storm Track, September/October 1996
© Copyright 1996 Tim Marshall
Recently, there have been numerous inquiries asking for additional information on severe weather and tornadoes. The following is the editors list of such books along with ordering information.
EDUCATIONAL BOOKS FOR CHASERS
1) THE TORNADO: Its Structure, Dynamics, Prediction, and Hazards by C. Church, American Geophysical Union 2000 Florida Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20009.
2) THE OPERATIONAL METEOROLOGY OF CONVECTIVE WEATHER: Volume I: Operational Mesoanalysis, also Volume II: Storm Scale Analysis by Charles A Doswell III, National Technical Information Service, Sills Building, 5285 Port Royal Road, Springfield, VA 22161.
3) CONFERENCES ON SEVERE LOCAL STORMS (Bi-yearly Preprints) American Meteorological Society, 45 Beacon Street, Boston, MA 02108.
4) MESOSCALE METEOROLOGY AND FORECASTING by Peter Ray, American Meteorological Society, 45 Beacon Street, Boston, MA 02108.
5) THE THUNDERSTORM IN HUMAN AFFAIRS by Edwin Kessler, University of Oklahoma Press, 1005 Asp Ave. Norman, OK 73019-0445, telephone: 405-325-5111. also Volume 2: Thunderstorm Morphology and Dynamics and Volume 3: Instruments and Techniques for Thunderstorm Observation.
6) SIGNIFICANT TORNADOES by Thomas Grazulis, RFD 2, St. Johnsbury, VT 05819.
7) STORM AND CLOUD DYNAMICS by William Cotton and Richard Anthes, Academic Press, 1250 Sixth Avenue, San Diego, CA 92101-4311.
8) THE SEVERE LOCAL STORM FORECASTING PRIMER by John Sturtevant, 140 South Kirkman St., Florence, AL 35630-4312.
9) THE TORNADO: AN ENGINEERED-ORIENTED PERSPECTIVE by Joe Minor, NWS SR-147, National Technical Information Service, 5285 Port Royal Road, Springfield, VA 22161. phone: 703-487-4650.
10) SYMPOSIUM ON TORNADOES: JUNE 1976 by Robert F. Abbey, Institute for Disaster Research, Lubbock, Texas 79409. Also ask for a publications list.
11) WEATHER MAPS: How to read all the Basic Weather Charts by Peter Chaston, P.O. Box 758, Kearney, MO 64060.
12) STORMTALK by Tim Marshall, 4041 Bordeaux Circle, Flower Mound, Tx 75028.
EDUCATIONAL VIDEOS FOR CHASERS
The following is the editors list of educational videos along with ordering information.
1) STORM SPOTTER'S VIDEO FIELD GUIDE by David Oliver, P.O. Box 3372, Amarillo, Texas 79116.
2) STORMWATCH by Martin Lisius, P.O. Box 122222, Arlington, Texas 76012
3) STORMWATCHER by Gene Rhoden, available from Tim Marshall, 4041 Bordeaux
Circle, Flower Mound, Texas 75028.