• A friendly and periodic reminder of the rules we use for fostering high SNR and quality conversation and interaction at Stormtrack: Forum rules

P.S. - Nothing specific happened to prompt this message! No one is in trouble, there are no flame wars in effect, nor any inappropriate conversation ongoing. This is being posted sitewide as a casual refresher.

Post a (Google Earth) Landfall Prediction.

Rita's Target

I am going to go with just north east of Port Lavaca, because I don't see this storm turning northwestward early enogh to make a trek to Galveston/Houston area.

29.31.52.95N 92.18.36.44W
or
In between Tiger Point and Mulberry Island, La as a category 3 with winds at 115 mph. The pressure will be 946mb.

I hope I am right since it is mostly just swamp land in that area.

Howie:
I agree with your assessment but am looking a little further SW at my original Freeport, TX target.
I will say:
Freeport, TX - high-end Cat 3

Here are the three closest predictions in the order they were posted:
Originally posted by Brett Adair+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Brett Adair)</div>
Cameron, Louisiana.[/b]
Originally posted by Darin Brunin@
Holly Beach, LA 29.77 -93.45
<!--QuoteBegin-Matthew K. Hartman

slightly west of Port Arthur, TX - somewhere between East Bay and Sea Rim State Park

Nice Job, Guys.

Maybe I should take up tropical forecasting... this is the second "contest" I've placed high in. I won a contest on forecasting landfall location and strength on Isabel last year...

Weathernews had their chance at hiring me in as a marine MET a year and a half ago... ah well, their loss. *grin*

Good job to Brett and Darin... and thanks Sam!

Regards -

Back